It all started...
St. Paul’s Evangelical Congregation of Oak Harbor, Ohio, was organized on August 24, 1879 with 27 charter members. Rev. Jacob Linder, pastor of St. John’s Evangelical Church of Elmore, Ohio, was present that day when the newly drafted Constitution and by-laws were adopted and signed.
The congregation purchased a small frame church on the corner of Ottawa and Toussaint Streets. A Ladies Aid Society was organized with 11 charter members. The first resident pastor was Rev. August Langhorst, a former missionary in Africa. He was called May 2, 1880 and served faithfully for five years. Shortly after his arrival in June 1880, a Sunday School was organized. In December 1881, action was taken to build the first parsonage, which was constructed at a cost of $1,143.00.
1885: In March Rev. F. Franz was called to serve as pastor
1887: In March, the cornerstone for the first brick building was laid and it was dedicated in 1888.
1890: In January, Rev. Jacob Linder was called as St. Paul’s third pastor.